One of the greatest side benefits of living a “greener” life is that many of the steps you take to reduce your carbon footprint can also help you keep a little bit more “green” in your wallet too. Energy savings and costs savings go hand-in-hand, and as you’re doing your part to reduce the size of your carbon footprint by consuming less energy from fossil fuels, you’ll not only be lessening your contribution to the emission of greenhouse gases, you’ll also be saving money.
10 quick money saving tips for carbon footprint reduction
It doesn’t have to be complicated to reduce your carbon footprint. Even a few simple steps, taken daily, weekly, or monthly, can make a difference. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Stop buying bottled water and fill up from the tap instead
- Install a low-flow showerhead to save on water bills
- Grow your own veggies and save on groceries
- Compost kitchen scraps to reduce food waste and generate free fertilizer
- Air dry your clothes on a line outside and reduce costs to run a dryer
- Use LED bulbs, which use less energy and last longer
- Drive 60 instead of 70 on highways to save on fuel costs and emissions
- Cook at home instead of dining out or calling for takeout
- Wash your jeans less often
- Carpool or take public transportation to work
Adopting a handful of these money saving tips can make a big difference on your pocketbook, all while reducing your carbon footprint in the process.
1 big tip—solar energy saves money
For an even more significant reduction in your carbon footprint, consider installing solar panels in your home or business. Not only will be you making a difference by reducing your dependence on fossil fuels, but you’ll be switching to a clean, renewable—and free—energy source. You’ll also be giving your home a major boost in resale value. Want to learn more? Connect with your local solar installer for a free quote and to learn more about which type of solar installation is right
Download our eBook, Reducing Your Carbon Footprint with Solar, to learn how solar panels are one of the most effective ways to reduce your carbon footprint.